For over a century, the SGE has paved the way in exploration and adventure. Consider this your clubhouse; a place to meet other like minded explorers, and as a resource and guide, to help and inspire your own expeditions. A quick word about our name; from the outset, the Society has included female explorers, starting with one of the original founders. The ‘Gentlemen’ in the society’s name has always referred to the desired code of conduct in the field. Members in good standing, who share our love of adventure, are invited to join.
From the Archives
- Life in Isolation – Staying in Chernobyl’s Last Hotel May 15, 2020
- Life in Isolation – the World’s Northernmost City April 30, 2020
- Pripyat’s Forgotten Football Team January 16, 2020
- The Beauty of Sweden’s Abandoned Mines December 19, 2019
- The Ruined Russian Palace Abandoned by the KGB December 3, 2019